Who We Are
JGSWS helps our members find their Jewish family roots. We hold
monthly meetings with guest lecturers, and we sponsor workshops. We offer programs for beginners
as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics included immigration records, Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, genealogical research on the Internet,
how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
More about JGSWS...
- NEW MEETING LOCATION: JGSWS meetings are held at the LDS Factoria Building in Bellevue, with easy access from I-90 and I-405. The address is 4200 124th Ave. SE, Bellevue. See driving directions.
- Your JGSWS board: Board members for 2014 are Nancy Adelson, Joan Bell, Patricia Deutsch, Phyllis Grossman, Mary Kozy, Steve Louis, Natalie Malin, Elise Morse, and Natalie Stien.
- DNA discounts: JGSWS members can receive a discount on DNA tests ordered from Family Tree DNA. For details, see our Special DNA Test Pricing page.
- Meeting handouts: You can download meeting notes from our Handouts page.
Monday, April 7, 2014
7:00 PM (Doors open at 6:00 PM)
at the LDS Factoria Building
"From Door to Door " by award-winning playwright James Sherman
- Genealogy consultations: On Tuesdays, 4/1, 4/8, and 4/29, from 12- 2 PM, a member of JGSWS will be on hand to answer questions at the Pop-Up Jewish Cultural Heritage Exhibit in Bellevue. Drop by. Details and directions: http://jewishsound.org/pop-up-cultural-heritage-exhibit/.