The Jewish Genealogical Society of Washington State (JGSWS) encourages and assists our members in finding their Jewish family roots. We hold monthly meetings, sponsor and participate in workshops and lectures, and publish a website.
We offer programs for beginners as well as seasoned researchers. Recent topics have included Jewish given names, forensic genealogy, using the Internet for genealogical research, how to find an ancestral town, and how to create a family health portrait.
Members are encouraged to share family information by submitting their family history documentation to the society, to assist in the cataloging of records at local archives and libraries, and to publish their family histories.
JGSWS is a not-for-proﬁt volunteer organization whose mission is to:
- Collect, preserve, and disseminate knowledge and information on Jewish family history.
- Assist and promote Jewish Genealogy as a ﬁeld of research within the Jewish and academic communities
- Offer instruction in genealogical research techniques and resources.
- Encourage the study of Jewish family history while becoming acquainted with our rich cultural and religious heritage.
- Develop programs and add to the reference library.
JGSWS is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
More about JGSWS:
- Information about our next meeting
- How to become a member
- How to make a donation
- List of board members
JGSWS is a member of the